Wrinkles do not develop overnight, but over the course of many years. You don't get wrinkles from sleeping on your face all through the night; neither are you going to get them from staying out with your face towards the sun for several hours. True, these can lead to wrinkle-formation, but they won't happen within a span of only twenty-four hours. Needless to say, taking the necessary precautions can go a long way in delaying the appearance of wrinkles.
Wrinkles and The Sun
Prolonged and unprotected exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays can accelerate wrinkle development. This is because the UV rays are damaging to the skin. They thin out the layers of the skin, depleting it of moisture, and making it more vulnerable to wear and tear, and yes, wrinkles.
But of course, it is not like you will just have to live in the shadows all your life. You can, by all means, enjoy the sun, but always with protection. If you plan to go to the beach to tan or simply enjoy the sun as it is, keep in mind the following sun protection tips:
* Apply sun protection cream generously at least 30 minutes before going out. Use one that comes with organic and natural ingredients to get the most benefits. Remember to re-apply whenever necessary.
* Wear sunglasses with UV protection. There are lots of sunglasses which you can buy at a cheaper price, but be wary of these as these may not come with the protection you need.
* Use a wide-brimmed hat. This helps to protect your face from the sun.
It goes to say that covering your face while you tan is not going to stop the wrinkles from forming. This, along with the other tips, serves to reduce the impact of the sun's rays on your skin and thus help delay the appearance of wrinkles, but they cannot stop them.
Wrinkle-formation is part and parcel of the aging process. You'll have them when the time comes, and when that is going to happen depends on how well you take care of your skin. Wrinkles come earlier for a lot of people, but for those who are wise, wrinkles may not be visible until they are already in their forties or fifties, even.
Delaying The Appearance of Wrinkles
So what does it mean to be wise? You don't have to be a genius in order to delay the appearance of wrinkles. Just follow these tips:
* Be always mindful of the aforementioned sun protection tips.
* Make it a habit to wash your face twice daily.
* Moisturize, preferably with something that has antioxidant properties and which also serves as a humectant.
* Drink lots of water. Water keeps your skin hydrated.
* Make wise food choices. Load up on raw vegetables and fresh fruits. These are rich in natural enzymes that help your body fight aging.
* Avoid anything that is not in the natural form. Eating foods that contain additives, chemicals, preservatives, and the like, damages your internal organs and lowers your body resistance. The toxins from these foods also hasten the aging process.
* If you are a smoker, stop smoking. If you're not, don't start thinking about it.
* Exercise. Exercising regularly boosts your metabolism, helping you get rid of toxins more effectively.
* Avoid stress as much as possible. Stress can make you look old in an instant. Take a break from work in the office or from work at home. Everybody deserves some time to himself/herself. Make time to laugh. Apply stress management techniques and don't let stress take over your life.